Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life goes on for this cancer survivor

Since Christa Pearson was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma, she has gotten married and had a child.
Pearson, 32, of Waukee has been named the “Honorary Survivor” of the Saturday, May 1, Relay for Life at the Southeast Polk High School track. The 3-10 p.m. event will benefit the American Cancer Society.
“I know there are a whole bunch of cancer survivors in the area, but I think my story probably is pretty inspiring to women in particular who are going through treatment for cancer, because I was able to conceive afterwards,” Pearson said. “Treatments are getting better all the time. My doctor told me that if I had gone through treatment 15 years prior, there was no chance that I would have children after the chemotherapy. That’s how harsh it was.”


Source and More:
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100415/ALTOONA01/100413059/-1/ENT06/Life-goes-on-for-this-cancer-survivor

No comments: